How to get to Leuven?
DIRECTIONS TO LEUVEN CITY
BRUSSELS AIRPORT (28 KM FROM LEUVEN)
Leuven is located approximately 15 minutes' drive from the Belgian National Airport of Zaventem. The airport has its own train station (Brussels National Airport), with direct trains to Leuven. The station is underneath the airport and is accessed via lifts and escalators in the arrivals hall.
BRUSSELS SOUTH CHARLEROI AIRPORT (90 KM FROM LEUVEN)
Brussels Charleroi South airport is one hours' drive from Leuven. If you land here, you can take the bus to Charleroi railway station and take a train from there to Leuven.
Leuven is easy to reach by train from all Belgian and European cities. The station is very close to the city centre. Leuven is a 20 minutes' train ride from Brussels, 45 minutes from Antwerp, 50 minutes from Liège and 1.5 hours from the Belgian coast. Your train journey from Leuven to Brussels South Station takes just half an hour. If you take the Eurostar or the Thalys, you can be in Paris in 1.5 hours and in London, Amsterdam or Cologne in 2.5 hours.
Leuven is located at the junction of two important motorways: the E40 and the E314. The 'P' signposts will guide you to the different car parks.
DIRECTIONS TO THE CUBE HOSTEL FROM THE TRAIN STATION
The central train and bus station is located 1.5 km from the hostel, an easy 15 min walk that will take you through the beautiful city centre. Buses are also available all over town for easy transportation.
Your +/- 15 min. walk from LEUVEN STATION:
- When you arrive in Leuven Train Station, you take the pedestrian tunnel under the station exit “Leuven”.
- Upon exiting the tunnel you head diagonally left across "Margarethaplein" (the large square) towards the big shopping street “Bondgenotenlaan”.
- Follow the shopping street to the end (+/- 1km), then you arrive at "Rector De Somerplein".
- Turn left unto the "Grote Markt" (Grand Market), walk around the church to the bottom of the square and continue through the "Brusselsestraat" (Dexia bank on the corner).
- Subsequently you find us at number 110 (+/- 400m) in the "Brusselsestraat".
- Say 'Hellooooo!' ;)